Travel is not a goal in itself, but in the arts, working internationally is still seen as a sign of success.
What are the current opportunities, benefits and issues for artists and organisations working internationally?
Is international collaboration a strategy for survival and growth?
Join us for Working Internationally to explore a range of scales of practice – from the Biennial – to artist-led initiatives, through discussing:
• Cultural exchange and building networks internationally
• International collaboration
• Accessing information and support
• Sustainability – economic and environmental
• Digital innovation as a tool to facilitate international working
Speakers include: Lewis Biggs, Director Liverpool Biennial, and Adam Knights, Arts Projects Manager at Visiting Arts.
Tickets are a snip at £5.00 including lunch. For a full programme and booking details go to: http://www.derbyquad.co.uk/emvan
Working Internationally has been developed by EMVAN, the East Midlands visual arts network.