Travel is not a goal in itself, but in the arts, working internationally is still seen as a sign of success.
What are the current opportunities, benefits and issues for artists and organisations working internationally?
Is international collaboration a strategy for survival and growth?
Join us for Working Internationally to explore a range of scales of practice – from the Biennial – to artist-led initiatives, through discussing:
• Cultural exchange and building networks internationally
• International collaboration
• Accessing information and support
• Sustainability – economic and environmental
• Digital innovation as a tool to facilitate international working
Speakers include: Lewis Biggs, Director Liverpool Biennial, and Adam Knights, Arts Projects Manager at Visiting Arts.
Tickets are a snip at £5.00 including lunch. For a full programme and booking details go to: http://www.derbyquad.co.uk/emvan
Working Internationally has been developed by EMVAN, the East Midlands visual arts network.
this is one of the best non profit residencies ive seen for development in performance art if your interested check it out